Breastfeeding Resource Guide
- A database of breastfeeding resources in the Triangle area and surrounding counties is maintained for referrals of families who need breastfeeding assistance or equipment. It can be accessed on the Triangle Breastfeeding Alliance website www.nctba.org and on the Nursing Mothers of Raleigh website www.nursingmothersofraleigh.org
- The 8th Annual Triangle Breastfeeding Alliance Conference – “Connecting the Dots to Provide Care” will be held May 13, 2010. Speakers and exhibits impart evidence-based information for 150 local providers of breastfeeding support. We are still in the planning phase but some topic possibilities: Teenagers, Milk Supply Issues, Engorgement and Emotions. The workshop is supported by WakeAHEC.
- Working collaboratively with the March of Dimes, the NC Breastfeeding Coalition, the UNC Carolina Breastfeeding Institute, we created a prenatal booklet designed to encourage mothers to consider breastfeeding their babies. It is available in English and Spanish.
- TBA encourages Triangle media outlets to recognize breastfeeding and World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7) by reporting on breastfeeding promotional events.
- TBA members provide human-interest stories about local breastfeeding resources.